Monday, May 7, 2012

Oliver!



i am trying to remember if i felt injustice this deeply when i was five years old. Ally likes to watch musicals with Bim on Sunday afternoons. this week they watched the story of Oliver Twist ... as you may know there is more to this story than dancing fishmongers and cheeky pickpockets. there are orphans -- orphans in danger. Liv was mostly bored but it's possible Ally wasn't ready. such a tender heart that one has.

also, she objected to having her picture taken. pretty bad of me, right?



3 comments:

  1. :) Lo was just telling me about her crying at the movie! I love the tender heart. Lyza does this too, and sometimes also to music if it is melancholy, which makes me sad for her but is also so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see Autumn cry like that, she looks just like she did when she was a tiny newborn. Her face, anyway. Such a sad cry. Man, she really does not want that picture taken. It's a different look from the crusty face at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the sadness. I love that you documented this for later. it's funny, but i have the reaction to the sad face-- "just hold that face while i snap a picture".

    grace had this reaction when I tried to read The Graveyard Book to her, "But who will change his diapers and hold him?" valid question. I just wish I'd thought of skipping those parts to get to the good "being raised by ghosts" part.

    P.S. you should read The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. Best.

    ReplyDelete