Wednesday, May 23, 2012

creative writing

if i manage to get out to my office in the morning before the girls are awake, i usually have about an hour before Ally finds me. it's always her.


me: i'm writing a poem this morning.
ally: a poem about what?
me: about space.
ally: you mean, like: "space larvae, space larvae, where are you going?"
me: exactly like that.

[runs to get her fairy diary, which locks up with a real key]


i'm a creative writer. want to draw some creative periods? you could get some information from them.  [draws a heart (i think he's trying to get some love from me), a flower, an eyeball, a regular period, a smiley face]

what other fancy stuff could i draw as periods?



Poem, 5.25.12

Fall, Fall, when will you stop?
Tell me, please.
In the spring, Lisa. 
OK, Fall. 



The End

by Krista and her daughter, Allyn (but really by Allyn)




2 comments:

  1. I just LOVE you!! This post is one of the reason I think Sabine would just flourish with you! You are just so amazing and creative. You could help her understand the process and encourage her in so many artistic ways. I just don't have that skill. I LOVE you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. space larvae. where do they come up with these things? love that girl!

    ReplyDelete