Wednesday, November 3, 2010

little red riding hood and other things that are dead





in yet another ploy to make off with my second-born child, Lauren comes dressed as me. we were going to have a contest to see who she would come to first, but i decided not to risk it.






notes on the day of the dead:

:: remember next year and every year thereafter, to say no to stuffing. it's hot and it itches and, since plump little children are cute, parents like me want to overdo it in a force-y kind of way.

:: other rules en-forced: (1) if you want candy, you have to wear the hat; (2) no peeing in a stranger's house when they've just given you candy {however, on the front lawn of their neighbor's dark house is fine. but next time, be mindful of child's tender bottom near thorny bushes}.

:: remember to have kids wear pants, not skirts, so when they run too fast in the dark, they won't get bloody "boo-boos" and fall asleep on my back on the way home. except they can fall asleep on my back if they want because it's nice.

:: remember Ally's exclamations: "oh, what a JOY!" and "i got more candy!" after every house and, when sharing candy, "dad will love this priceless gift!"

:: referring to the popular sexy nurse, sexy cat, sexy witch costumes, an NPR host asked a costume shop owner, when did Halloween become a parade of strumpets?

:: at one door Ally was advised to take more candy, "because [your parents] are going to eat most of it anyway."

all of which begs the question: who's this holiday for anyway?

10 comments:

  1. Note: stuffing works well in states like VT where it might be cold and windy by the end of October.

    Very cute pictures! I love your family...even though we've never met. I think Ally and Sabine would be fast friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lauren's costume! So real. You're right, better not try seeing who Liv would go to, Lauren might win ;)
    I love Ally's witch nose. A nose like that would have made Autumn's costume.
    Sorry about the run in with a thorny bush whilst tinkling on the darkened neighbors lawn!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun! PJ looked awesome! Elyza has already forgotten about her bucket of candy in the cupboard, but not me. I say it's for the parents, definitely :)
    Oh, and Lyza wants to know what Ally has on her nose?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strumpet...what a cool word. I did a Google image search on it. Pretty informative :-) What about a nurse zombie?

    Another day of the dead axiom revealed in downtown Kent Saturday night: If a Kent State coed is at all endowed, the cleavage automatically becomes part of the costume.

    Thanks for the dead report.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love:
    --the halvy twins
    --the green chairs
    --the nose
    --the witch
    --the mummy
    --little red circling up the loot
    --the notes

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and Lauren make me laugh. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a few thoughts: two kristas! who knew mummies liked fries? "this isn't my real nose...it's a false one...they put it on me" (said in a british accent) if only all witches looked so sweet.
    and that's all.
    love your guts. and your pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny. I never realized how much you look alike until that picture. I love the kids outfits and realized how much we miss you. Hope you are all doing well.
    ps-LOVE the new paint jobs in the house. The kids room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of this is just awesome. Thanks for sharing. We miss the BimFam.

    ReplyDelete