Wednesday, September 5, 2012

'Turn around and she's a young girl going out of the door.'

September 5, 2012. First day of First Grade. (and Grandma Ceri's birthday)

The longsuffering big sister waiting for the rest of us to get it together.

Awkward extreme closeup. How do you want your hair today? 'Side pony,' of course.

Liv is not quite ready for prime time.

Sleepy-time Liv.
It looks like I'm the only parent hovering but really they're all lined up around the room. A surprise rain shower this morning made the room feel like a sauna. 'Who cares! I got my own desk!'
I guess I'm glad Liv came along...I guess. She did make us a little late, so I haven't completely forgiven her.

My neck looks pretty weird. Who cares! 'You got your own desk!'


Last year at this time she was a 4 year-old Kindergartner. 

6 comments:

  1. She looks about 7 going on 8! My my my, they just grow up so darn fast. You, btw, look stunningly gorgeous. Hope Ally has a great first grade year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoes, love the side pony, love that girl! I would be excited to have my own desk too! Happy First Day of First Ally!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You still have some of the best pictures I've ever seen! I love looking at your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto what those other three said. Compliments all around on you, your girls, your blog, your hubby. Love you guys! Ohh, and as an aside: I cry everytime I hear (or hear referenced) the "turn around and she's a young girl..." song. Started when Alex "graduated" from kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just need to add that I've spent the last hour or so reading your older posts, loving them and commenting on them, with the most excellent help of your friends and family. Not that you'll go back and read the comments. That's not my intent in mentioning them. What I really want to say is that I don't think it would have taken an hour to read them if I hadn't failed all the 'prove that you're not a robot' tests. I CAN'T SEE all the numbers!!! So much stress. (Just kidding about the stress.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that each of you has a completely different look on her/his face. great pitcher.

    ReplyDelete