Sunday, November 6, 2011

give me some liiiiiiight!




mom, i'm putting my hands like this so everyone will know that i love kindness.

Ally, the Benevolent


you can have a glow bracelet or a glow necklace.


decorating cookies



the farmer's wife (who cut off their tails with a carving knife)



this month i find myself relating to Hamlet's uncle Claudius. i haven't killed any of my brothers, but it is super dim in my house.

don't blame the house--it's almost 100 years old, and it is fall, and there are plans in the works to brighten things up. in the meantime all my pictures are blurry, or worse--shot with a flash. but on the bright side i can hide things in the dark, like clutter (and shame?).

we had a little party, saw some much-missed friends and met some new ones. we ate donuts from a string and apples from a barrel, and bagged a whole lot of candy from strangers. our neighborhood really gets into Halloween and they know how to decorate. one couple (the same couple that already baked us a cake) had toys for all the kids they know. i mean, come on. COME ON! i want to marry Long Beach.

and Ally wants to know: how many more days until Halloween comes again?

3 comments:

  1. This morning Elyza asked me what day it was. After I said Monday she says, "Ooooh, it's Halloween!!" Ha! Cute, cute pics and even cuter munchkins. I totally would have known just from the pose that Ally loves kindness. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of Live eating the doughnuts from a string! They both look so cute. Ally is so funny to ask how many more days til the next Halloween. That totally sounds like Autumn. I love how they have no concept of time, yet still ask about stuff like that ALL-THE-TIME! Your pics look great, even with a flash. Your party looks like such a great time, wish I was there. I would have bobbed for an apple!

    ReplyDelete